Grocery Bazaar collects the details provided by you on registration together with information we learn about you from your visits to our stores; the use of our service; and your visits to our web site. We may collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotions or competitions offered by us and information you provide when giving us feedbacks or registering for our loyalty card. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use which enables us to improve the services we provide.
Use of Information
We will use your information provided to communicate special offers; communicate news about our products and services; as well as communicate other basic information that may be of benefit to you.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
You are solely responsible for any and all telephone usage and rental fees and/or internet access service fees that may apply to your use of this web site and the services offered on it.
The downloading and use of data contained on this web site is done at your sole discretion. You should independently verify the completeness and reliability of information provided on or via this site. Also be aware that viruses or code which may have a harmful effect on your computer system could be transmitted to you. You are responsible for implementing suitable protection mechanisms to prevent such harm from occurring.
Access to our web site services is provided to you free of charge. Reliance on and use of our web site, content and services are therefore at your own risk. In no event will we be liable to you for any loss or damage of any kind in contract, negligence, statute or otherwise arising in connection with your reliance on or use of this site or the content or services provided, save to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by applicable law or the contrary is expressly stated
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will collate the information which you give to us to provide you with services and personalize your use and visits of this site. We may also use such information to inform you, the user, about changes in the services we offer and/or about features we think you would find of interest. By giving us this information, you consent to our use of it for these purposes.
Consequently, you should note that we may monitor and keep records of any communication that you may send to or receive via our web site and we may use, publish and disclose such communications for any lawful purpose. This may include our filtering of incoming and outgoing electronic data messages to identify, limit and/or prevent the transmission of unlawful or otherwise undesirable material or content.
Unless expressly stated otherwise these terms will apply to all competitions offered on this web site. In the event of conflict between these terms and the rules applicable to any specific competition, the specific competition’s rules will prevail. Specific competition rules will be made available on this web site. The competition offer will set out at least the following:
• The prizes on offer;
• The steps required to participate;
• The basis for determining the winners;
• The closing date;
• How the winners will be made known;
• Where, when and from whom prizes are to be claimed;
• The address of the web pages where the competition rules and these terms can be obtained.
• All competitions offered on this web site will be open to residents of Nigeria only unless expressly stated otherwise. We may also stipulate additional entry criteria for entrants to a competition (e.g. a minimum age) and any entrant failing to comply with such criteria may be refused entry.
• Anyone working for us or for the supplier of the prizes for the relevant competition (including any director, employee, contractor, agent or consultant) and for any of our advertising, media or public relations agencies, as well as any family members of any of the aforesaid are prohibited from entering any competitions offered on this web site.
• The closing date for any competition will be as stated. The judges cannot accept responsibility for late entries.
• We will be entitled to all right, title and interest in all entries submitted, including all intellectual property rights. Entrants must do all things necessary, including the execution of any requisite documentation to transfer such rights to us, as and when requested.
• Any entrant may be required to submit proof of age. If you are not yet 18, you will be required to obtain your parents’ or legal guardians’ advance authorization, permission and consent to participating in a competition or any of the related activities. If you fail to obtain such consent you may not participate in the competition or the related activities.
• The judge’s decision will be final. We will not enter into correspondence.
• Where entry by SMS is applicable, SMSs are charged. Standard rates apply. Free rates do not apply.
• Any deviation from the rules and/or attempt to manipulate the outcome of the prize will result in disqualification.
• We reserve the right not to award a prize in any situation where it would be unlawful to do so.
• Multiple winners may be subject to tie-break to decide an outright winner.
• We may re-allot prizes if we are unable to contact selected winners. Please ensure that you provide the correct contact details.
• Your name and place of residence may be published when winners are announced.
• Winners may be requested to be photographed for publicity purposes or to participate in a radio or television broadcast or other marketing activity. No fees will be payable in this regard. Participation in any such marketing activity is voluntary and may be declined.
• No cash alternative is available to any prize unless expressly stated otherwise.
• Prizes are non-transferable in whole or in part, must be taken as stated and may not be sold to a third party. You must confirm acceptance of the prize as stated, failing which you will no longer be eligible for a prize, and that prize will be re-allotted.
• If any prize offered becomes unavailable for reasons outside of our control, we reserve the right to select an alternative prize of equivalent type and value.
• Where prizes involve travelling abroad, winners must be in possession of a valid passport, required visas and the relevant health certificates.
• We accept no responsibility for any incorrect or incomplete registration details that you may supply as part of your registration. No responsibility will be accepted for undelivered, lost or delayed entries. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Errors in entries may, in the judges’ discretion, void entries.
You enter our competitions at your own discretion and risk. We, our affiliates, competition partner(s) and their respective shareholders, employees, officers and representatives shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss, damage, injury or costs, howsoever arising, suffered as a result of your participation in a competition, save to the extent that such liability may not be excluded under applicable law
Our failure to enforce any provision of this agreement strictly will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. In the event that a portion of this agreement is held unenforceable or invalid by any competent authority, the unenforceable portion will be construed in accordance with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties, and the remainder of the provisions will remain in force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
You may not subcontract, cede, delegate, transfer or assign any of your rights, obligations or duties hereunder to any other person without our prior written consent. We may cede, delegate, transfer and assign our rights, obligations and duties hereunder to any other person.
We will be excused from a failure to perform or delay in performance of our obligations hereunder if and to the extent that circumstances outside our reasonable control prevent or delay such performance.
We aim to provide you with a quality service. If, however, you feel that you have cause to complain, you can submit a form online or via email firstname.lastname@example.org to our Customer Care Centre. We will try to do our best to resolve any problems that arise.